User talk:Paul Kosmos
- Your changes look great. Thank you. I added a few tweaks. If you don't like them, feel free to revert.
- I don't know how else you might find the Become a member page. That was one of the pages imported from the old website and dropped in without much thought to navigation. Where do you think it should be linked? Please be bold and add a link to it if you find a good spot.
- One last thought. If you close your comment with four tildes (~~~~), the software will automatically append your name and will make it a link to your own userpage, making it easier for others to reply to you. Mike Rossander (talk) 20:42, 31 January 2011 (EST)
- Interesting... I thought we already had a page on the topic of "be bold". But here it is red-linked. We might want to write one, maybe modeled after the Wikipedia page of the same name? Or maybe I just cribbed all that for the written materials we used in the class??? Care to draft a page? Mike Rossander (talk)
re: 3 Feb changes
The picture looks great. Thank you for contributing it.
I'm not sure what you meant when you asked about "add space to a line". Do you mean multiple blank spaces, like for aligning things into columns? If so, you are correct that all browsers throw away extra spaces when they display a page. You can force the issue by using non-breaking spaces. The command for that is . You can string as many non-breaking spaces together as you like. That can be a little kludgy, though. It doesn't always line up perfectly and is can be difficult to maintain. Depending on how you want your data to look, a table might work better.
Would I be correct in guessing this is for the officers list? If so, you might try a format more like
|President||Peggy Garnes||(123) firstname.lastname@example.org|
- || marks the cells in the table (and causes them to line up without the need for non-breaking spaces). |- is the command to start a new row. Mike Rossander (talk) 11:53, 4 February 2011 (EST)